In 1978 the Mormon Pioneer Trail became a National Historic Trail
of the Mormon Trails Association
The Mormon Trails Association (MTA) is a non-profit
[501(c)(3)] association dedicated to:
Activities of the Mormon Trails Association
- Promoting communication among private and public agencies and
individuals interested in Mormon trails.
- Identifying and preserving Mormon historical sites, including
trails and locations where historical events occurred.
To accomplish its purposes the Association shall:
- Promote interest in Mormon trails, settlement, persons, and accomplishments.
- Provide a forum for organizations and individuals interested in
Mormon trails to speak and be heard on trails matters.
- Assist government and private agencies with trail identification,
development and maintenance needs.
- Publish guides, books, maps, and other items to inform and educate
the public about events and sites, and preserve and share historical